- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Flashcards"
Continue Reading →
Creating your own flashcard is not a waste of time, even if you can find the deck you want on the internet. I have created a fair number of public decks and wouldn’t have downloaded those decks even if they would have been available at the time. Creating your own flashcards gives you control over your deck and facilitates learning in many other ways.
Continue Reading →
Spaced repetition might on the surface look like it’s rote learning, but I argue that it isn’t. Firstly, spaced repetition isn’t about learning as such. You’re supposed to use smarter methods to learn the words first and then simply review to keep the knowledge fresh. Secondly, spaced repetition won’t degenerate to rote learning if you are alert and avoid cramming of any kind.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- Herbert Mushangwe on Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on The virtues of language exchanges
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on When perfectionism becomes an obstacle to progress
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Rivka on Memory aids and mnemonics to enhance learning
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com