- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Listening"
Continue Reading →
This is the fifth article in my series about improving listening ability. After having covered background and passive listening, the topic this time is active listening, including a discussion of what it is and why it’s good, along with some exercises you can try.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- Herbert Mushangwe on Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on The virtues of language exchanges
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on When perfectionism becomes an obstacle to progress
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Rivka on Memory aids and mnemonics to enhance learning
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com