- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Time barrel"
Continue Reading →
We all experience slumps in our learning, but there are many thing we can do to reduce the negative effects of these slumps. The solution is three-fold: Preparing for the slump before it hits you, finding learning activities that don’t feel like work and paying attention to what you feel capable of at the moment. You will still experience slumps, but hopefully they will be less severe!
Continue Reading →
If we want to combine studying with a normal life or if we want to get the most out of pure language studying, we really need to examine the time we have available and see if it’s possible to learn more without removing other important things. This article uses the metaphor of a barrel with rocks, pebbles, sand and water to show that most people have more time available than they think.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- Olle Linge on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Harland on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on A guide to Pinyin traps and pitfalls
- Olle Linge on Tones are more important than you think
- Rafał on Tones are more important than you think
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com