As frequent readers might have noticed, I have changed several things on Hacking Chinese recently (starting in late January). The changes have been gradual, so I thought I’d summarise what I have added or changed. If you think there’s anything else I should fix on the website, let me know! I would also be very grateful if people could check out the new features and functions and see if they are working properly. A big thank you to those who have already supported Hacking Chinese using PayPal or the newly added Flattr (see below)!
- Added a “support me” section on the about page (see my New Year status report for more info)
- Added a link to that section from the right-hand menu and from article footers
- Added a social media sharing sidebar to the left of all articles
- Add Flattr as a means of supporting me
- Added a basic hire me section to the about page
- Updated to the latest version of WordPress (including most plugins)
- Changed the post grid on the first page to show recent articles
- Tweaked some design (colours, fonts)
- Fixed the banner (contained a very small but annoying mistake)
- Edited and updated the biography part of the about page
If you notice anything weird or something that isn’t working properly, please contact me!
Stuck at home? Want to learn Chinese or improve your learning? The code "jia1you2" will give you 50% off all courses! Learn more about courses for beginners and more advanced students here.
Tips and tricks for how to learn Chinese directly in your inbox
I've been learning and teaching Chinese for more than a decade. My goal is to help you find a way of learning that works for you. Sign up to my newsletter for a 7-day crash course in how to learn, as well as weekly ideas for how to improve your learning!