Not everything I write about learning Chinese ends up here on Hacking Chinese. Some things will be available later as Hacking Chinese articles or projects, but much is written for other websites.
Below, I have listed articles written by me but published elsewhere before the start of July. I have also updated my bibliography if you want more things to read.
- How to improve your Chinese during the summer vacation: Something is always better than nothing
- Learning Chinese with MDBG: A user-friendly free online dictionary
- Learning Chinese with Skritter: The best app for learning to write Chinese characters
- Chinese blogosphere digest #1: What you shouldn’t miss in the online world of learning Chinese
- Speak better Chinese by focusing on a single topic: Practice makes perfect
- Foreign place names in Chinese: Meaning or sound
- Learning Chinese with Victor Mair at Language Log: Interesting articles about Chinese language and culture
- Fun and useful tools from Chinese Tools: Create your own calligraphy, seals and Chinese paintings
- Using pop-up dictionaries to learn Chinese: How and why browser extensions make learning easier
That’s it for now! I will keep posting one article round-up every month, collecting the articles from the previous months. If you like Hacking Chinese or what I’m writing in general, the best thing you can do is to share! Donations are also more than welcome. If you want to read more about my different roles on Skritter and About.com, please read the first monthly round-up. If you want to view all articles written by me but published elsewhere, check my bibliography page.
Stuck at home? Want to learn Chinese or improve your learning? The code "jia1you2" will give you 50% off all courses! Learn more about courses for beginners and more advanced students here.
Tips and tricks for how to learn Chinese directly in your inbox
I've been learning and teaching Chinese for more than a decade. My goal is to help you find a way of learning that works for you. Sign up to my newsletter for a 7-day crash course in how to learn, as well as weekly ideas for how to improve your learning!