- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Voice"
Continue Reading →
Learning Chinese pronunciation can be tricky and there are several places where foreigners often make mistakes. This article is a guide to some common problems students encounter while learning Pinyin. The hope is that this guide will make good pronunciation easier to achieve.
Continue Reading →
It’s essential that you diversify your listening practice, otherwise you run the risk of performing below your actual level, not because your listening ability is poor, but simply because you’re not used to different people speaking Chinese. The only way to acquire a complete listening ability is by listening to as many different speakers as possible.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on A guide to Pinyin traps and pitfalls
- Olle Linge on Tones are more important than you think
- Rafał on Tones are more important than you think
- gre on Anki, the best of spaced repetition software
- Listening Drills for Language-Learning: Tedious, Miserable, and Totally Worth It on Listening
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com