- Recent articles
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Voice"
Continue Reading →
Learning Chinese pronunciation can be tricky and there are several places where foreigners often make mistakes. This article is a guide to some common problems students encounter while learning Pinyin. The hope is that this guide will make good pronunciation easier to achieve.
Continue Reading →
It’s essential that you diversify your listening practice, otherwise you run the risk of performing below your actual level, not because your listening ability is poor, but simply because you’re not used to different people speaking Chinese. The only way to acquire a complete listening ability is by listening to as many different speakers as possible.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- Janelle on Learning Chinese words really fast
- Hugh Grigg on Flashcard overflow: About card models and review directions
- Flashcard overflow: About card models and review directions | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on Kickstart your character learning with the 100 most common radicals
- Olle Linge on Learning how to fish: Or, why it’s essential to know how to learn
- Learning how to fish: Or, why it’s essential to know how to learn | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on A smart method to discover problems with tones
- I Was Wrong About China: A First Two Weeks in China (and Chinese) « Scott H Young mentioned Focusing on tone pairs to improve your Mandarin pronunciation
- Olle Linge - Languages, literature and the pursuit of dreams · Halfway to 60, happy birthday to me! mentioned 25 books I read in Chinese last year
- On the nature of Chinese characters mentioned Learning Chinese in the shower with me
- My Plan for Learning Chinese Over Three Months « Scott H Young mentioned A guide to Pinyin traps and pitfalls
- How to Learn to Speak Perfect Mandarin Chinese Tones mentioned Learning the third tone in Chinese
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Literature Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers TOCFL Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com