- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Tests"
Continue Reading →
A lack of listening speed is what stops you from understanding spoken Chinese even though you know most of the words and sentence patterns being used. I think the problem is generally overlooked and in this article I explain what listening speed is, why you need it to understand Chinese. I also talk about how to practise listening speed.
Continue Reading →
Reading quickly is useful when taking tests and in any situation where you want consume large volumes of test. However, simply reading a lot is not the most efficient way to reach high speeds, you actually need to focus on reading speed to do that. In this article I discus various methods, tips and tricks, along with some thoughts on goals and problem analysis.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- george on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Furio on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- John Oliver B. Monghit on Goals and motivation, part 1 – Introduction
- Jason Cullen on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- 6 december 2013 « VÄRLDENS FOLKRIKASTE LAND on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com