- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Hard work"
Continue Reading →
The 10,000 hour rule is quite simple. It states that it takes roughly 10,000 hours of practice to become really good at something. The most important lesson here is that talent is far less important that people think. Even towering geniuses work very hard. Blood, sweat and tears are what counts in the end, not talent.
Continue Reading →
Teaching and inspiring are two closely related things. If you can see all superiors as sources of inspiration and knowledge, you will advance faster than if you view them as rivals or opponents. Similarly, realise that you have your own strong sides that inspire other people. Don’t hesitate to teach others if they want to be taught. Inspiration is cyclic in its nature and should flow freely in all directions.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- george on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Furio on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- John Oliver B. Monghit on Goals and motivation, part 1 – Introduction
- Jason Cullen on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- 6 december 2013 « VÄRLDENS FOLKRIKASTE LAND on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com