- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "Busy life"
Continue Reading →
If we want to combine studying with a normal life or if we want to get the most out of pure language studying, we really need to examine the time we have available and see if it’s possible to learn more without removing other important things. This article uses the metaphor of a barrel with rocks, pebbles, sand and water to show that most people have more time available than they think.
Continue Reading →
For most people, the majority of studying time is spent on things that require large chunks of time, such as going to class, reading books or talking with friends. These are usually not activities you perform for five minutes and then switch to something else. However, it’s quite possible to spend a significant amount of time on studying without actually letting it encroach on any other things you’re currently doing.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- george on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Furio on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- John Oliver B. Monghit on Goals and motivation, part 1 – Introduction
- Jason Cullen on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- 6 december 2013 « VÄRLDENS FOLKRIKASTE LAND on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com