- Blog (recent articles)
- Ask a question
- HC elsewhere
Currently viewing the tag: "assessment"
Continue Reading →
The most important question you should ask yourself about your current teacher or course is what you won’t learn. Since this isn’t something most teachers and schools like to talk about, it’s typically something you need to figure out on your own. This article discusses this question from various angles, highlighting the importance of being aware of what you need to study on your own.
Continue Reading →
The way in which we count proficiency or progress have a huge impact on how we study. This is relevant for teachers and students alike. Teachers should strive towards counting (grading) what counts (is important); students should do likewise when assessing themselves and also be aware of the general problem.
Table of ContentsWelcome!
Attitude and mentality
Organising and planning
Key study hacks
Learning in class
Learning outside class
Immersion and integration
Science and research
A chronological list of all posts
An alphabetical list of all tags
About Hacking Chinese
- Herbert Mushangwe on Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on The virtues of language exchanges
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on When perfectionism becomes an obstacle to progress
- Role-playing to learn more Chinese and avoid frustration | Hacking Chinese - 揭密中文 on Review: The Geography of Thought: How East Asians and Westerners Think Differently… And Why
- Rivka on Memory aids and mnemonics to enhance learning
Twitter activityMy Tweets
Article tagsAnki Attitude Being corrected Benchmarking Challenge Character components Characters Culture Dialogue Diversified learning Efficiency Friends Goals Grammar Handwriting HSK Immersion Language exchange Leeches Listening strategies Micro goals Mistakes Mnemonics Motivation Music Native speakers passive listening Planning Pronunciation Radicals Reading aloud Reading speed Sensible character learning Short-term goals Skritter Software Spaced repetition software SRS Taiwan Teachers Tones Toolkit Vocabulary Words Zhongwen.com